I swear I'm right about Scott being in a wheelchair by 45 at least! He has had surgery on both shoulders and now a knee! He has always had bad knees, so I suppose it was only a matter of time that he would do something simple and one would fail! His poor body. I am glad that he is finally able to get this knee repaired, but... He is NOT the kind of person to like sitting still, even with a fantastic excuse. He will have about a month off while his knee heals and even then it won't be totally better for a couple months. Scott is so active! I just hope I can get him to sit still for long enough to let it heal! It doesn't help him much that it is schedule for right at the beginning of hunting season OR that because of this knee our dates for cross training have been pushed back a while longer! Oh well! We will take this one day at a time! I have several movies lined up and House just came out on DVD... We will have a movie month!
The kids had to much fun visiting him at the surgery center. This place almost makes me WANT surgery! It's so pretty and the people there are so genuinly nice that it's sureal! They just kept bringing the kids snacks and the were so good to Scott. We brought some card games, but Scott was pretty.... drugged!
Here is a pic of his knee about 3 days later. I wish we had gotten a pic of it when it was gigantic! I have to help him in and out of bed and onto the couch. We even re arranged our furniture so that it's easier for him to get around! His sleep is AWFUL cause he wakes up either in pain or to take pain pills! Poor guy... His is cranky on drugs. He is doing much better than when he had his shoulder worked on though... maybe it's cause he knew what was coming. With these
On a better note. The kids are thrilled to have him around! It's so funny that they don't care at all that he has to be a couch potato. Just having him around to talk to while I'm doing school work? Plus I can actually see the bottom of my laundry baskets cause the kids are to busy taking care of him to ask me to help them with their cute random things. I could get use to having the laundry done! I do miss my normal Scott though... and my normal side of the bed....!
Monday, September 13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment