Saturday, January 10

Scott's Fight

Okay... Many of you know that Scott has been training to fight Mixed Martial Arts.  He's been training for a while.  His forte is wrestling and Ju Jitsu.  Anyway...  He's been wanting to fight, but he has a bad shoulder.  December it was feeling pretty well and he decided to fight before he had surgery on it and it hurt for a long time.  Trouble is the guy he wanted to fight was 185 and Scott is 205 pounds.  He had to loose 20 Pounds in 2 weeks.  This is defiantly something we do not suggest.  Not only is it horrible for you body, but... Lets just say living with a guy who only eats 3 chicken breasts and one glass of water a day is no joy.  So two days before the fight he is 187 lbs and I'm ecstatic when he says he's going to work (even though he'd taken time off for the holiday).   He calls me later that day and says the fight guys called.  The 185 Lb. guy backed out for a "family emergency".  He will now be fighting a 240 pound guy.  3 Cheeseburgers and 1/2 and hour later he had gained back 15 pounds.  He also ate a large pepperoni Pizza and cinnamon sticks later that night.  

So I get a babysitter for the kids... I'm nervous, but excited.  He's feed and that's what I'm happy about.  I get to the fight and turns out the 240 lb guy also backed out.  He will now be fighting a guy who broke the scale at 300 lbs and claims he weights 340.  Just so you know... they do have weight classes, but due to the number of people who backed out cause of the holidays...  Rrrgg...  The following is Scott's fight.  A friend took pictures.   They got one of me chewing my nails.  they were pretty before! 

3 comments:

Lindsay JJ said...

That was awesome! You are the man Scott! I've been wanting to take up Jiu-jitsu, but I'll pass on the jiggly giant on my back!

Haakon

PS- when are you guys moving back here?

Lindsay JJ said...

We enjoyed watching your fight Scott. You were GOOD! Did you know that your former bishop is a closet UFC watcher???
Jessica, I don't know how you could have any fingernails left after that! My favorite part was when you wrestled Scott to the ground in front of the crowd and when you crowded the hoochey mama's out of the way for a pic with your hubby. You go girl! ha ha!

S+S said...

this whole fighting thing is out of control. What a man!