Wednesday, June 25

Girls Camp and Birthday

I've been away from my kids fora whole week to help in South Dakota with girls camp. It was so weird being away from the kids, but I'm glad that I went. I really feel that I was needed and I had a blast, even though it hailed and rained the whole time and I also had a girl faint and I had to ride with her to the Emergency room in the ambulance. It was crazy. I think that the highlights of camp where the caving and the girls. We had a high adventure day and only a few could go caving. We had to pass a test. Go through a box, no wider and thinner than those plastic crates they carry milk in. We had to army crawl almost the whole cave. I loved my girls. Even though I had half of them leave me. (They were all family of the girl who passed out and they were worried for her. I tried to get them to stay, but when they want to leave they want to leave. Plus their mom told them it was okay. Grr...) I bonded with the girls that did stay.

Tyton's birthday was yesterday! HAPPY BIG TWO!! We toke him to Happy Hopperz. A place that has those huge inflatable bounce houses. Since it was Tuesday afternoon we were the only ones there. Adults are only suppose to be free if they are supervising. We had two kids and six adults. The girl who worked there said she didn't care. Apparently she was also supposed to charge a fee for bringing our own food, but she didn't. I feel like I should have left her a tip. She was awesome! Tyton and Aurora loved the bouncing. Of course Aurora was very tired. I probably should have given her a nap, but I didn't and paid the consequences. After cake and presents (Balls, car, bubble lawnmower, pirate costume and hulk fists.) We headed to the movies. Before hand I asked Tyton if he wanted Hulk or Kung Fu Panda. I of course was much more animated when talking about the panda, thinking he would pick it. The just looked at me and then said in an abnormally gruff voice, "HULK!" He was extremely upset about having to watch the previews. He punched the air when the Hulk punched. Aurora was a stinker who was tired and kept saying it was too loud. She sat in my lap the whole time plugging her ears. It was a great movie. I was surprised that it totally redid the other Hulk that came out not to long ago, but I loved it any way! Tyton punched the window with his Hulk gloves the whole way home saying, "Hulk Smash!!"

0 comments: