Saturday, July 12

Americans are Pirates

Our July 4th was great! We started the morning with a ward breakfast. My dad made pancakes and even brought chocolate chips for the kids!!! The best part of the morning for them was the bike parade. Everyone else did red, white and blue. We decorated with camo and yellow for supporting our... DADDY! (It's a week later and the deco is still on the bikes. I'm not allowed to take it off.) Tyton just truely figured out how to ride his bike, steering and all. He tried so hard to finish 2 laps like all the other kids. He got to tired though and had to be pushed the last 1/4 lap. Aurora, on the other hand, wouldn't stop! I think she went around 6 times before she too had to be pushed back the the starting line.

After naps and preparing of food for that evening we headed to Grandbury to Grady Gammons house for food and fireworks. There was a ton of little kids there so my kids had a blast. Aurora just wanted to ride the horses, so Uncle Brett was kind enough to take her for a ride. The funniest part was there was a little tiny girl there named Posie. Aurora followed her everywhere petting her head and making sure she stayed out of trouble. It seems just yesterday that little girls were doing that to her! Aurora loved the fireworks, even though she plugged her ears the whole time. Tyton hated them. I'm gunna say he was just tired. Even I couldn't comfort him. He just wanted his Papa. I think that he is missing his daddy.

The best part of the whole day was that morning before everything. I was taking Tyton outside to put him in the car. My bro, Taylor, had just set up the American Flag. Tyton noticed this thing flying though the air. He looked up and pointed, saying, "Whasat?" "That's the A-meri-can Flag, Tyton," Tyton looks at the ground, thinking, then grumbles, "Pirate." Not sure what I'm hearing, "What Tyton?" He looks up with confidence and in this gruff voice he uses when he is being manly, "Pirate Flag." "No, Tyton," I laugh, "A-meri-can Flag." He shakes his head and walks away. "No, Pirate Flag."

0 comments: