Tuesday, April 7
King Tut
Ok... while in Texas my sister Adrianne and I took the Once-I-A-Lifetime chance to see the King Tut display. They don't like to move it around a lot and we were totally excited. I even brought 2 cameras! Turns out you also can't take pictures of it. Amazingly I came out with enough that it needs it's own post. They kids had a blast. Rory is learning to write her letters and thought drawing pictures instead would be neat. She is bringing a sheet to school about Hieroglyphics. Tyton was sure that King Tut was ALIVE! They had eyes painted on the tomb of the Kings Aunt. He also loved the big cow head statue and we all got a kick out of King Tut's head snake. They didn't actually have the King or his coffin present. Apparently they are to valuable to move EVER. That was a bummer. It was fun to watch Aurora learn. It was even more fun to get to share more with her about our church. The King was buried with his childhood chair and several of his dressers, his favorite game, his hand mirror, his portable hunting stool.... Anyways... it was fun to watch them learn. Oh... they also had this amazing necklace with a glass scarab that they have no idea how it was made. It was amazingly pretty. They also have no idea how King Tut was killed. Dran and I decided he was poisoned. And we know everything!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment