Wednesday, May 13

Aurora's First Field Trip

Okay... I was sooo glad I could go with Aurora on her first trip. It was so fun and cute. It was her first time on a school bus. She said, " Mommy, Now I'm just like a big girl!" She wants to ride the bus to school, but I won't let her yet.
Her preschool class went to Bear World and then to the YMCA Science Center downtown. The funniest part was that there was a mom on the bus that was calling every animal with antlers or horns a moose. (Even more funny that we live in South Dakota... would she call them deer since there's no moose? They didn't even have a moose!) Anyways.. the funny part. Aurora would give me a funny look and say, (not quietly) "Mommy that is NOT a moose. That is an elk." The same comment would follow for wolves. "Mommy I don't think that's a coyote, that's a wolf right?" By the end of the bus ride the kids would wait for Aurora to say what animal was out their window. Very funny, she knew every single one. Scott is a proud hunting daddy! I was shocked at how little some of the parents knew about the animals. Hello and goat looks nothing like a moose sillies! I was also shocked at how many bear were in the bear area. There had to be over 100 black bear. They were so close it was insane. After that we had lunch and headed to the science center.

It was cute to watch the kids interact in a place that was much like their classroom. They were fairly patient and shared pretty well. (Most of them.) The center had a marine room with fish tanks and bubble wall and fishing tub, a dino room with toys and rub coloring, a music room a magnet room, a bug room, a building room and even a space room with phosphorus paint that glowed under a flashlight! The kids had fun and I'm pretty sure the parents did too! April 29, 2009


0 comments: