Wednesday, May 27

H2o, Fluffy Flowers and Missing Legs

I don't want to jinx us, but I think that summer is finally here in South Dakota! We came home one day and our neighbor's sprinkler is on. We are very strict and of course told our children to hurry and run through it. Jeans and water don't mix. They were too funny. So, we went to the George's, a guy from Scott's work, to have some slip and slide fun. We decided our children really should be more afraid. I'm shocked nobody broke an arm on that thing. It was hilarious! The water was freezing, but the kids seemed to move to fast to care. Everyone got burnt but me which isn't fair cause I was in the sun the whole time cause I was cold! I seriously wish I had a picture of Scott's head! He cut his hair the next day and his head was peeling... So gross. He had to take another shower.

The next day Scott had to work and I was out running errand with the kids. They spotted a giant field of dandelions that defiantly needed to be blown. I promised that if they were good we would stop by on our way home. I officially love bribery! I love dandelions too. Scott doesn't love them so much. Our yard looked pretty bad one day just because of them and it started raining. He decided he needed to mow since he was going to be at work the next day and he didn't want a ticket. I think he's learned not to mow in the rain cause the next morning just as many dandelions had popped back up! I was very confused and actually texted Scott asking if he had mowed, cause I couldn't' tell!

Warm weather also means dirt and sand. There is a big volleyball court behind the fire station that the kids can't stay away from. It's a giant sand box to them! I finally buried their legs the other day so the couldn't escape. It was funny.

3 comments:

Amy Tree said...

I love that you let your kids play! Childhood is no fun if you are afraid of things. Weed-B-Gon is your best friend, cuz even if you get rid of your dandelions, your neighbors will share...

Dream Until Your Dreams Come True said...

Awww looks like so much fun!!!

Mary said...

My kids love to run through our sprinklers and play on our slip-n-slide. We still need to have you over for dinner and fun. Now that it is warming up we could let the kids play in the water.