Friday, August 28

Grifin Kerry Herbert

So.... I was supposed to go in to be induced @ 1am on the 14th. But lucky me... The didn't have room because some people go into labor on their own! We called again at 3, 6, and 7 am. Rgg... I had a very restless and frustrating night. Poor Scott kept nagging me to call every hour, but they did say they would call me when they had room! Anyways... I had a very cruddy morning... frustrated that I wasn't in the hospital, plus... I wasn't feeling well. By noon my mom and Scott convinced me that my not feeling good was labor. I just didn't trust it cause there have been so many times with this baby that the contractions were so hard and then they would just stop! Anyways.. we went for a walk and when I couldn't walk cause I was hurting to bad I gave in a decided we needed to go to the hospital. We called our friends, The Hardy's, and dropped the kids off and we were off to the hospital. My biggest worry was that they would stop and then they wouldn't have room for me and I would look like an idiot. Of course halfway down the highway my contractions stopped. Rgg... We stopped at Wal-Mart to get so stuff and force me to walk around. Then back to the car I decided to call the hospital before heading back home. Luckily they had room for me! YEAH!!!

We got to the hospital around 6 and sure enough, they hooked me up and I was in labor! Of course... at that point my contractions weren't very hard. We decided to hook up the petocin anyway to speed things up a little. My body didn't seem like it could really decide. Right after they started me, Mom and Scott left to get some food and a movie. They nurse said they estimate about 1 centimeter per hour. Right after they left my doctor came in and says, "OK! Let's break your water!" With my other 2 I had gone into labor great on my own and by this point I had some Major drugs. I kinda panicked. It didn't hurt though. I was just weird. I called Scott right away cause I usually go pretty quickly. He walked in right as the guy was about to give me my epidural. I was supposed to be holding still so I wiggled my fingers to make him come hold my hand. After that I was much more relaxed. We watched some TV and Scott snuck me raspberries. Around 10:30 the nurse said I was ready to go! Scott's whole face changed. He was so excited.

They actually let Scott deliver the baby. He had to scrub up and get all dressed. He got nervous. He drilled Dr. Christiansen the whole time they were getting me ready. Mom held my leg and took pictures. Scott did so good getting the baby. He said it was weird and cool, but then he got scared he was going to drop him. Grifin came without problems. He is alike and very different from our other kids. First off he cried bloody murder the first 2 hours straight. An actual cry too! He doesn't even do that now. He's really mellowed out. Of course.. right now I'm in TX where he gets held 24/7 and has a million people tending to him. Also... he has hair! My others had hair, but not near as dark or as much as Grifin. He also has little points on his ears and was born with a forked tongue! Well... The thing that attaches your tongue to the bottom of your mouth extends all the way to the tip of his tongue. It gives him a little dip at the end of his tongue. We like it cause it's unique, but we are going to get it fixed.

I'm so glad my mom was able to be there. I feel a little guilty cause my other pregnancies were so easy, but this one I just wanted him out! I was so cranky and uncomfortable AND I'm actually getting more sleep now that he's out! He really is such a sweet baby. The hospital stay was so relaxing and I LOVE holding him. I love how much Aurora and Tyton just want to touch him and kiss and hold him. The feel so bad when he cries and I have a tough time making Grifin feel better cause I'm hvign to fight them for that job. Scott is such a good daddy. he looks so handsome when he holds our little boy! We all love our new addition.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I love the pictures, you're so beautiful and happy. I love seeing the siblings with their new brother and I think it's fantastic that Scott was able to be so involved!

Lani said...

Congratulations! Maybe its a third child thing- your pregnancy and labor with Grifin sound a lot like mine with Jake! I love the look of your blog- how did you do that?

Amy Tree said...

He is awesome!!! I'm so glad you are done and have your little man now, I wish I could be around to hold him. btw I love those little cloud pjs, did you make them?

S+S said...

Scott, you are a man. Is there anything you don't do?!! You are amazing! Congrats on your new baby boy. :D

Angela said...

So fun! Aurora looks like the Jessica I first met way back when in our elementary school days:) Glad y'all are doing well!