Thursday, February 11

Bloggity Blah Blah

Me: Hello, blog. How are you?
Blog: I'm doing fine Jess. And you?
Me: Great. I have so much to report that it will take a couple of days!
Blog: Sweet! I'm looking forward to overload!

SCOTT
Put in for cross training and got it! Long story, but they started force cross-training people out of the Fire Department. We have done a lot of research and praying about EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal). Yes, it can be very dangerous. At one point it seemed like we might not go through with it. You know it's the right choice when your heart sinks when your husband tells you he might not get this dangerous job where he could blow up! (Pretty sure I have a disease. Might be contagious...) He will beheading to Florida for training, while I head to Texas and live with my family to BANK on the housing. (I <3>
Training like a SCOTT for a shot at the Ring Wars title on the 26th! (Yes... I said training like a Scott, because I've never meet a dog that trains as hard as him!)

ME (Jess)
I'm still doing school for Medical Coding and Billing and ALSO a Medical Transcriptionist. No... we do not plan on having me work, but it's nice to have something that I could possibly use to support our family.
Primary President.... Do I really need to explain? Other than the usual attempts to keep callings filled, prayers for reverence, for guidance, for patience, for blah, blah ,blah... We are also moving to our new church building! More on that later!

Aurora
Growing... What a little turd. She says the funniest things that only prove her growing. Scott was playing fighting with her the other day. At one point he said, "That's it! You are mine!" She stopped, gave him a "duh" face and said, "Of course I am. I live with you!" She has started putting together letters. We very much fear the day we can't spell things we don't want her to know about!
Nobody told me that the I-don't-have-anything-to-wear stage started at 5. Usually it's a skirt, but one day I will lay one out and she gives them a "teenager" attitude. "Mom, I really want to wear this shirt and that skirt really doesn't match it. She will try on 5 different things. I have offi
cially taught my 5 year old to fold her own clothes!

Tyton
Usual crazy man. Went into Sunbeams this year and loves it! He is so revenant and sings as loud as he can. He loves music! We don't listen to insane crazy music in the car, but we have started to notice him singing Taylor Swift or Rob Thomas in the house when he plays. It's funny, but now we actually listen to the music more to make sure it's ok. We decided we love our iPod more than ever!
He's also obsessed with getting the "Super Kid" spot on his commission chart! We started
Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover and figured it was a great time to start educating the kidsabout finance. Start 'em young! I made them commission charts where they get paid a penny for certain everyday things, a dime for others, a quarter for keeping the bed dry, and a whole dollar for being a "Super Kid". They have envelopes on it labeled Give, Save, and Spend. Tyton wants to earn a Leapster 2 and is cruisin on his way! Today his was so obsessed he did half of Aurora's chores too!

Grifin
He just started sitting up this week! We don't like it. It's mean! He is a
natural solid food eater. Most babies just spit the smoosh out with a little spit added in. Not this boy! He wants more!
He is also the best baby in the whole world. I feel bad for hims sometimes. He is so patient. I HAVE to watch for when it's time to eat because he just doesn't cry for it! I have made it a goal to get him out of the carseat ASAP when we get home. Otherwise he just sits and watches us walk around forever until someone realizes he is still in the seat. He loves his brother and sister and just SMILES when they walk into a room. He likes the tough love, he doesn't mind the dog licks, he sleeps through the night, he goes to bed WAY to easy. The only time he truely gets fussy is when he is tired and is ready for bed. He doesn't want to be snuggled at night, he doesn't want to nurse to sleep, he only want his crib, bear and snuggly blankies. He is almost always asleep before I'm out the door.

Gable
We just realized that he will soon be 8! He is our first little black baby and we got him out of wedlock! We also realized that our wishes to get him a puppy friend while he is still a puppy have flown out the window! Where does the time go? We do look forward to possibly getting my dream doggie!!!!! An English Mastiff. We talked about them with a friend from the station and they ended up getting one! They will breed her when she is old enough. She should have her first litter by the time Scott is back from training and we have been moved back in... where ever it is we will live... for a good while! I want a boy and I think I will name him Dumbledore... Not sure yet!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so glad you are doing well. It is nice to hear from you again. Griffin sounds like a great baby.