Wednesday, March 17

St. Paddy's

Is it obvious from this post that I like to celebrate? I just figure it's only so long that my kids will fall for stuff like this, so I should take advantage!

Our morning started with dressing quickly in green clothes. Leprechauns like green and LOVE playing tricks. We dress in green to protect ourselves from being turned green! Scott ran downstairs and put food coloring into their cereal, so when it poured out it was green. Those silly Leprechauns!
During breakfast Grifin woke up... with a green nose! His jammies weren't green so we quickly dressed him before the little men came back for more mischief!
We spent the morning making traps to catch a Leprechaun. Grifin sat under the table and just stared at us! We hid behind the couch. Every now and then a hat trap would move or the treasure underneath would disappear!

We ran some errands and then came back home for lunch and our traditional movie... "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" I made lunch while the movie was going then came in to watch while it finished "cooking". When I came back the food had turned green again!!

We did a few other fun things... The Leprechaun's kept moving Aurora's gold hair bow and turned the toilet water green. I did Aurora's hair to look like a shamrock. We colored rainbows. We tried our hardest to catch a little green man, but didn't. Maybe next year!

2 comments:

Here and Now said...

You are so creative! Too cute!

Richard and Katie said...

What a cute idea!!