Today we visited Mt. Rushmore. I must say that it was much more impressive than I thought. I honestly figured it would be like other big tourist attractions where there is all the hype, but you go to see it and think, "Hmm... nice. It's cold. Let's go." It was really fun. We kinda decided late in the day that we should go. Scott didn't get any sleep at work last night so he slept in till 1:00! Then I was decorating our new make believe box (dress up, but with boy stuff too). Anyways... we got there right in time. The sun was about to go down, but it was a windy day, so we had the perfect amount of time to see it, take pictures and the run to the gift shop. The kids got rock candy and we got presents for my nephew and niece! (Sorry Leah and Noble... you are going to have to wait till I mail them to know what it is!) We came out just as they lit up the mountain. Very cool. Aurora was worried about leaving Gable in the car cause we could hear a dog barking. We decided that we had a blast for the timing and situation, but it would be a lot more fun without the wind. Of course this is true for all of South Dakota.
As we headed out we had a beautiful drive. The kids were eating rock candy, drinking Root Beer and watching Jungle Book. Scott and I were talking and rockin out to the iPod. Soon we passed a sign that said Crazy Horse Monument. Confused I though, "Isn't Crazy Horse like... 25 minutes the opposite side of Rushmore from Rapid City?" We kept driving until we reached Custer and then decided we should look at our map. Yup... went the totally wrong way. This was a time we were very glad that we had the DVD in the car and that I pack extra snacks cause Scott gets cranky when hungry. On the bright side we did get a neat picture of the Crazy Horse monument as it was light up on our drive past again!
When we got home Scott gave the kids a bath while I clean and got their bed time snacks ready. They are now snuggling on the couch with their balloons from last week when they were good, pretzels, Luck Charms, water in a green (tyton) and pink monkey (rory), with blankie and stuffed animals. We are glad to have made it back alive! Haha.. Very fun day...
Saturday, March 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment