Friday, March 28

A Tale of Two Blankies

Tyton has a bit of an obsession. We went to Hobby Lobby the other day and when we got to the car I noticed he was holding a small bundle of remnant fleece. I check the receipt and we had paid for it. The lady must have taken it from his hands and rung it up when Aurora had me distracted with asking for candy. I am glad we paid for it, but how sneaky! Later when we got home we decided to make a cape out of it. He loves fleece. Even just the scraps he will pull out of the trash if he sees them. He was wearing his cape around and decided to complete the ensemble with bunny ears, pink princess shoes and a fake gun. He then pointed it at the bear and said, "Bang, shot bear." Then he came in the kitchen and said, looking at a picture of Christ, "Bang, shot Jesus." Scott and I were trying very hard not to laugh and told him that we don't shot people.

Aurora, on the other hand, seems to get confused as to what a blankie is. We went to the pool yesterday and I couldn't get the towel away from her. She is doing pretty good there. We got a pool pass and have been having way to much fun. Even if the kids play for 30 minutes they are totally dead when we get home. As shown here. Aurora was sleeping on the couch , with the towel. (Pick you battles.) She honestly was only laying there for 10 minutes while Tyton was falling asleep. I noticed she had passed out and decided to go potty before waking her to put on jammies and change her diaper. I turned the corner and heard a thud! Snore...... She had fallen off the couch, leaving the towel, but was still asleep and snoring. A testament to the wonderful pool is that she stayed asleep while I changed her diaper and put her jammies on. Snoring the whole time!

0 comments: