Tuesday, May 25

Last Day of School

We will truely miss Aurora's Preschool class.  This was her second year as Ms. Weimen's student and she LOVED it!  The program is so amazing and the teachers, Ms. Weimen and Ms. Gertz, were just so sweet.  I think what I love most about them is that you could tell they LOVE LOVE LOVE their jobs.  At graduation they announced that this was Ms. Weimen's 18th year at Carrousel Preschool.  I wish that we had known we were going to stay here longer.  I would have signed Tyton up!  We had first preference, but passed it up cause we were moving.   He is on the list, but I highly doubt he will get in.  POOP!

Aurora painted pots for her teachers just like last year.  I just purchased 2 terra cotta pots and let her go to town.  I love seeing what she comes up with.  When she was done I wrote the year, her name and the teachers name that the pot was going too.   I had previously asked her, "So... tell me about Ms. Gertz and Ms. Weimen."  I then wrote down everything she said as fast as I could.  And wrote them on the outside of the pots.

"Ms. Weimen is so beautiful mommy, she has pretty curly hair and such pretty teeth and a smile."
"Ms. Gertz loves to give me hugs and me and Gage are her favorites.  She really likes me."

So cute.  The teachers have loved them.  When Aurora started this year Ms Weimen brought it a picture of the tomatoes that came from the plant that Aurora gave her last year.   It's a cute gift when they are little... we will see what happens when she gets bigger!  

There are also a few kids in the class that Aurora will miss.  Her friends Gage and Amelia were in the class with her last year and they were also to young to move up to Kindergarten.  Amelia is moving to florida for a little bit so we are hoping to meet up with them in the Fall! Above is a picture of her and Olivia.
Mrs. Gertz
Mrs. Weimen
They were all outside playing with the friends for the last time when I went to pick her up.  Ms. Weimen started to cry when Aurora went to give her a hug and then we stood there and talked for a while so Aurora could play a little longer.  I'm so glad our first school experience was a spectacular one and I thank her teachers for EVERYTHING they did.
When we got outside Tyton has spotted his friend Joshaura from church walking out of class and her daddy and our daddy let them play in the sand from the long jump pit for the Middle School across the street!  These two have so much fun in sunbeams together!

0 comments: