Friday, September 28

Mountain Man

So... lately we have been having fun packing and moving. We are staying with my in-laws for the time being. I fly out with the kids to Idaho tomorrow to visit my Grandma Rhodes. I am way excited because I haven't been to see them since Aurora was 8 months old. Scott leaves to drive the Alkain Highway on he 3rd... please pray for him. I hate that he has to drive alone, although... he has done it before. Anyways... We have been having fun at Grandma Herberts playing with the cousins and getting in a little last minute spoiling time.

Yesterday we decided to climb a mountain since we figured we wouldnt' get the chance to conveniently climb one one we leave here. Aurora did great, but it has been raining and the whole way way super slippery. It was a little scary at points and I wore the totally wrong socks. You wouldn't think that it would be an issue, but my feet kepy slipping out of my shoes which is an issue when trying not to die from falling down a mountain. Scott is the most amazing man. I knew that I could carry Tyton in the back pack and be fine, but Scott could see that I was having trouble. He ended up carring Tyton on his back pack and then just hodling Aurora most of the way. Close to the top Erin and I got distracted picking blueberries. Everyone else went ahead. There was a bear about 1/4 mile away. It was so cool. Then Erin's little baby, Leah, started crying. She was hungery and tired. I knew that it was getting late and decided it was probably time for my kids to head back too. When we reached the top Tyton and Aurora were both screaming. It is much colder up their and I know that Tyton was cold and hating the backpack at this point. The kids were cold and hungery. Scott put Aurora on his shoulders and then ran most the way down. He said Aurora stopped crying once he tripped. She told him to be very careful, he said he would try. Tyton didn't stop crying until about 100 yards from the car. There is a radio tower and he stopped to stare. Erin ended up carring Leah in her arms the whole way down. Leah was so mad, but she ended up falling asleep. A friend, Diane, walked ahead to watch my kids and Scott came back up to help carry Leah. I sure love that man!

It's hard to imagine that we have been married for 5 years today. It sure doesn't seem like long ago that I was trying to set him up with my college roommate!

0 comments: