Wednesday, July 29

Storybook Sand Kids

Ok... So we went to Storybook Island on Monday. We are supposed to go on Thursday for play group, but I didn't want the kids to miss out if I was feeling yucky (AKA laborish) plus I thought it would be fun to have Daddy there! I'm so glad we went as a family first. It was fun to discover everything together for the first time. The pic I don't have are of a maze they have there. Aurora was running through it trying to catch Daddy... I climbed to the top of a nearby slide, but pics just don't describe the fun they both had. Tyton was being sensitive and didn't want to be chased. He just climbed up and slide down the slide. I must say we are totally SOLD on this park. It is free and it's awesome! They have a scene from pretty much every classic nursery rhyme, tale, Disney movie, etc. Every station is different and it's a HUGE park... Take a look at the pics. We only left early cause our dog, Gable, somehow escaped the Yukon and got into the park. We would have still stayed, but it started raining! That does explain why Gable freaked out. We are lucky he came running pass us. There is only one entrance and it's a pretty big park. He's getting skittish in his old age, but he does know better. We were not happy.

Yesterday was a great day too! The kids and I walked to the housing office to get a key for our basement. Then we walked to the library, where they picked out new books and even a book for me to read to them while they are in bed. We are now reading, "The Tale of Despeareux." Cute so far. Later that night we visited daddy at the station. We play in the sand at the volleyball courts pretty much every sunny day. We usually only bury feet cause the sand isn't that deep, but Tyton, with buried feet, seemed happily content to push more sand all the way up to his knees. It was filling his shorts. We kinda took if further. Then of course Aurora needed to be buried too!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

What an amazing park! I can't believe that Gable is so old, but so are the kids. Love coming to visit your blog, it reminds me so much of you (the music especially).