Saturday, April 19

To Pet A Chicken

Daddy was tired when he came home from work so he took a nap. I took the kids outside to swim. We had a picnic on our new kiddy table. (We got it off the curb from someone who was moving. I LOVE the military!) Then we went to the park for about 2 hours. I'm so glad I put sunscreen on the babies. I got totally pink (added to the burn from yesterday makes red.) We cleaned out our fish tank. (Which we also got off the same curb a day before.) Daddy woke up just as we were coming in. Then it was off to the errands!

First was buy the fish (more on that later. It's not as neat as what comes next.) Next, we went to a local feed store to buy dirt for our garden and... They were having a chick run! The kids got free shirts, cookies and we all got to pet a French Silkie Chicken. Her name was Henny Penny and she was soo sweet. Tyton talked with a rooster. For some reason his pitch was just right and it would copy him every time. We saw every type of baby chick and even little pheasant and ducklings. Scott was very tempted to buy so little pheasant chicks. There was a drawing. (We'll keep you posted if we win.) Mostly it was great fun for the kids. They had a carton full of several different eggs. Aurora wanted to crack and eat them. Totally a great day. The kids passed out in the car!

0 comments: