Saturday, July 3

Taylor's Mission Call!!!!!!!!!

I had to do a seperate post for this!  Taylor and Dad left for a high adventure trip with the Boy Scouts right after we got here from South Dakota.  Of course... Taylor's mission call came that same day!  My vote was to steam it open and then close it.  I wanted to know where he was going!  Mom wouldn't let us and she hid it.  Although... not very well.  Marina and I decided to search for it one day when my mom was gone and found it right away.  We were very tempted, but decided it would be funnier to re-hide it!  Of course a week later when Taylor got home and all his friends were over to watch she couldn't find it.  It was a good choice NOT to open it with Marina.  Her face totally gave away that we had moved it!  Anyways... here are some pics from the night!

Dad, "Here you go my son."
Mom, "I'm so excited and nervous and... Oh, my little boy!"
Tay and his... uh ex? Karyna   Doesn't he look so excited!
He read it, but later admited that his eyes flashed down to see where he was going.   He was pretty good at not acting like he knew!  JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA..... HERE COMES ELDER RHODES!!!!!
Grifin trying to steal Uncle Brett's phone.
Grifin swinging with Aunt Adrianne
After he opened it he and all his friends ate Pizza Hut.  I'm gunna miss my little bro, but I know that he is more than ready for his mission.  He bore his testimony in church that sunday.  He later told me he knew that Jacksonville Mission is just where he is meant to be.  He is glad that he has a state side mission.  He feels that without the language barrier he will be challenged more to know the gospel and teach it will.  He is excited to learn and teach here on what he called, "The front lines of the battle."  I thought it was cute and rather grown up of him!  It's weird.  I like my little brother... the "man".  It will be interesting to see how much more amazing he will be when he gets home. But... while he is gone... HIS ROOM IS MINE!!!!! (Since I will be moving in with my parents while Scott is cross training.)

0 comments: