Thursday, May 8

Leaving for Iraq

Here are a few pics of when Scott left. We woke the kids up early. I think Aurora understood, but Tyton could have cared less about saying goodbye to daddy when there was snow on the ground to play with. He did say goodbye. They both love their Daddy so much. We will miss him. Right now we are in Texas. There are pics of us at Wall Drug in SD. Tyton did not like the scary dino. We are luck to have even got here. I have a horrible sinu headache that doesn't seem to want to go away. I have been grounded to the couch. It's nice to rest.

Scott is doing good. Adjusting to jet lag, calling in jackals... It was 120 degrees at one place where his plane stopped, but it's not that hot at Ali Base yet. I'll tell more later! Typing is making my brain hurt. Sorry.

1 comments:

S+S said...

Jessica, I really feel for you. It must be incredibly hard to send your love away, even if it is for such a noble and worthy cause. What part of Texas are you in? I am so glad you have family near you to give you support. Keep your chin up. Stay close to the Lord. He'll make this burden lighter.