After getting off base (don't worry, base was the bad part, the city was practically clear.) we bairly made it to the circus on time. Tyton did not like the clowns. But he was very excited about the elephant and the motorcycles. We bought cotton candy and light up swords for the kids. The cotton candy was a MESS!! During intermission they were giving rides on a camel, little ponies or the elephants. Aurora was very insistant that she ride a baby pony. I tried to get her to ride the camel, but she was sure she needed a pony ride. After she was done and Tyton was riding the elephant she changed her mind. But a distraction of scooping fallen oats that others dropped to feed the baby goats was all she needed. We didn't get home to get to sleep until around midnight, but it was totally worth it. Scott and I stayed up until 3. He was ironing and packing. I was sewing pockets down and getting his computer/ipod/camera ready so we could have some contact. (Note: Don't sew when you are crying. It takes a while,) I'll post pics!
Saturday, May 3
Circus, Snowing, Leaving
Yesterday was Scott's last day here with his family. :( We had a huge snow storm the night before and got 3 feet. When you add in the wind we get here, it was a mess. Some places there was no snow, others there were 8 foot snow drifts. We couldn't get out our back door, but we were lucky. Our neighbors car was completely covered. Luckily, we have a great suburban with 4WD. By driving on the grass in some areas we got off base. Scott spent about 4 hours before that digging people out or the snow. One guy (from the fire station.) wasn't that stuck, but from his car sitting so long at just the right angle his entire engine was packed tight with snow. When we got off base we saw a suburban that had run off the road earlier and then got buried.
After getting off base (don't worry, base was the bad part, the city was practically clear.) we bairly made it to the circus on time. Tyton did not like the clowns. But he was very excited about the elephant and the motorcycles. We bought cotton candy and light up swords for the kids. The cotton candy was a MESS!! During intermission they were giving rides on a camel, little ponies or the elephants. Aurora was very insistant that she ride a baby pony. I tried to get her to ride the camel, but she was sure she needed a pony ride. After she was done and Tyton was riding the elephant she changed her mind. But a distraction of scooping fallen oats that others dropped to feed the baby goats was all she needed. We didn't get home to get to sleep until around midnight, but it was totally worth it. Scott and I stayed up until 3. He was ironing and packing. I was sewing pockets down and getting his computer/ipod/camera ready so we could have some contact. (Note: Don't sew when you are crying. It takes a while,) I'll post pics!
After getting off base (don't worry, base was the bad part, the city was practically clear.) we bairly made it to the circus on time. Tyton did not like the clowns. But he was very excited about the elephant and the motorcycles. We bought cotton candy and light up swords for the kids. The cotton candy was a MESS!! During intermission they were giving rides on a camel, little ponies or the elephants. Aurora was very insistant that she ride a baby pony. I tried to get her to ride the camel, but she was sure she needed a pony ride. After she was done and Tyton was riding the elephant she changed her mind. But a distraction of scooping fallen oats that others dropped to feed the baby goats was all she needed. We didn't get home to get to sleep until around midnight, but it was totally worth it. Scott and I stayed up until 3. He was ironing and packing. I was sewing pockets down and getting his computer/ipod/camera ready so we could have some contact. (Note: Don't sew when you are crying. It takes a while,) I'll post pics!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey to you too!Its still strange for me to have people that I grew up with having full on families and kids. Its crazy that Scott is going behind enemy lines... id never be able to handle that... good luck, and I hope you feel better!
we will continue to pray for you and scott, jess! we pray everyday that all the family will be safe and happy!
Post a Comment