What a great way to end a VERY stressful week. We spent all week packing to move by the 24th and on FRIDAY they change our orders and we have 6 more months here. We love South Dakota and truly want to come back, but... we sold dressers, grill, lawn mower/weed whacker, CAR, picnic table, food storage.... I was preparing to make Homemade Root Beer for our good bye dinner at the Fire Station when we found out! Very frustrating. Anyways... We ended up going to Chamberlain with the Hotz for some fishing and family fun.
It was nice to meet Gary's other daughters and to hang out with friends. We have been wanting to go fishing since we got here! For some reason we haven't found the time. Silly. Tyton and Aurora were so excited they had their poles in the water first! Everyone was back on the shore a ways, snacking and talking. Aurora is usually in the mix of things, but she sat right be her pole and stared at if for the longest time. Waiting for her bell to ding.
Tyton's pole was probably the furthest away and didn't have a bell on it. We should have thought about that cause we were way to busy talking to watch his far away pole. Luckily he was very excited and on the ball. He started shouting down the way and sure enough! First fish of the day was his!
The second one was caught on his pole too. Apparently Spiderman is lucky! Tyton was kind enough to let Rory reel this one in... Yes... it's a trash fish, but she was excited all the same!
Nobody else caught anything, but we had fun passing Grifin around, eating, talking, eating, and it seemed that many thought it was funny to ding the bell on my pole when I wasn't looking and laugh when I ran over all excited. Evil.
When it started getting cold we all headed over to the Hotz' friend's home for BBQ. Phyllis was a WONDERFUL lady. So sweet, together, and willing to share everything she had. I LOVE LOVE LOVED her home. It was sweet simple and some of her deco was so cute and I even took pictures for my crafty file! LOL After food everyone went home but us and the Hotz. Gary and Scott went back to the river. I would have loved to go but.... I stayed to watch the kiddos. It was getting cold anyways. Melly, Phyllis and I watched Emma while the kiddos watched movies in a different room. Very fun... Seriously! It's not often I get to watch girly movies with girls. I usually watch them by myself while Scott is at work!
The next day we headed home and stopped by the Badlands. I have never really had a desire to go there. I've seen pictures and was just never impressed. After Alaska.... Well... Alaska is gorgeous! lol I'm so glad that we did go! First, it's National Park Week so it was FREE!!!! Second, this is truly one of those places you have to see in person to appreciate how awesome it is. It's an amazing piece of earth! Aurora and Tyton had so much fun running all over the smaller formations and down the walk ways. The ViewPoints were spectacular. I took pictures, but... you really have to see it for yourself! My only "eek!" was that I have these weird mommy dreams about Tyton drowning or falling.


Sometimes Aurora, but more Tyton. The first place we stopped had HUGE drop offs. Scared me to death to have the kids near. At one point Scott took them both out to a pointy part. You can't tell in the pic, but I swear it was scary! I hid behind Gary and Melly shaking. Being a mommy makes you do weird things! Towards the end it got windy and we decided to skip the last one, but Tyton insisted. He apparently just wanted to run because he ran to the end and then right back to the car. I made him stop for a picture cause I'm evil like that!

Afterwards we stopped at Wall Drug for Ice Cream. Aurora said that the half naked lady was me. Not sure how to take that, but she wanted a picture! lol.

.
0 comments:
Post a Comment