Friday, April 9

Happy Keaster 2009





We awoke bright and early on Saturday to head to Michael's for free fun crafty time! I figured the kids could do something fun... and FREEEEEEEE... and we could pick up some Easter basket while there! Well.... the craft ended up being an Easter bucket!!!! Complete with shovel to scoop the eggs? Anyways... it was perfect. We spent the rest of the day over at the Hotz. "Grandpa" Gary (we have moved to official family titles) had created an egg hunt for the kids to do. They were so cute running all over their yard! They would see one egg and be so excited they wouldn't even look to see if there were more close to it! They got a good workout running around the yard. I'm sure they ran about 5 times more than necessary!


After eggs was painting for me and the Priesthood session of conference for the boys! Melly is teaching me to paint. I found some cute boxes a Michael's for 27 cents that the kids can put their saving commission money in! Painting is MUCH harder than it looks! But its fun.
Easter morning we attempted to watch conference. We are usually so good. Our excuse is that we are packing and could only watch conference on our small computer that the sound is very quiet on. I couldn't hear a thing and gave up. I tried to download it to my iPod, but it wasn't available yet. Before that was of course the Easter Bunny suprises!!! Let me go back and explain the night before though... it was memorable!
We got back from the Hotz around 10 or 10:30. The kids fell asleep in the car, Scott and I stayed up until 1 am cutting out paperdolls. We were attempting to stay cheap as usually, but still give them something fun. Scott had asked me a few days ago what he could do to help and I gave them to him to cut at work. He was never able to do them and neither of us thought about it until we were almost in bed! After cutting out most of them and placing them in the appropriate kids bucket we headed to bed. I did my usual Sleep-Walk-Rory-to-The-Potty and discovered that she was already wet. Bath and new sheets for her, plus laundry load 1 for the night. In bed by 2 am. Tyton comes in at 2:30 with a nightmare, we are to tired to put him in his bed, he is a wild sleeper. VERY twitchy. Scott puts him back in his bed around 3:00. 4:00 he comes in wet. Bath, new sheets and laundry load 2 for the night. Grifin (who is an amazing sleeper) wakes around 5. I'm delerious and think he is hungry... I go to feed a poopy baby and yes... get poop on me! Bath for 2, new sheets, new jammies and laundry load 3! Very tiring night? Yup! But... still bounced out of bed for the Easter bunny fun!

0 comments: