Cheesy Before Prom Photo at the McLaws!
The Young Women in our ward hosted a prom night to raise money for Girl's Camp. I must say that it's by far the most fun I have ever had at a fund raiser. I made a giant Tutu for me to wear, which turn out much more Goth Ballerina than I thought, but I don't care! I now know why Aurora prances around the house when she wears here. (I actually wore mine for dishes this morning!)


Scott and Amanda McLaws.
The dance included a yummy baked potato dinner and chocolate truffles, dancing, games, babysitting, flowers, and photos. It was a heck of a deal! lol We did get a babysitter for Grifin. We figured that there would be lots of kids and babies are a little harder so... Before the dance we headed to the McLaws so I could fix her hair! We had planned on taking Aurora and Tyton with us to the church and letting the YW babysit, but.... Jordan wanted to watch them! He is 11 and is seriously one of the best boys I have ever met. Such an awesome kid. He watched his 3 sister and then my too (of course.. 2 of his sisters were 10, but still!) He is such a great example to everyone who has the chance to meet him.
Scott added to my Tutu with a bow off a chair!
The dance was so fun too. It's been WAY to long since Scott and I have had a date. Apparently it's a hazard of living far from family and having 3 little ones! lol We love to dance, but we were mad at ourselves for not practicing. We use to be able to do flips and stuff while swing dancing, but didn't quite trust ourselves on the fly. We also need to learn the thriller dance! I was shocked that nobody knew how to do the Cotton-Eye Joe. Apparently it's a Texan thing cause me and the Hardy's were the only ones dancing to it the "right" way! Scott and I also met some new friends, The Barretts. After the dance we went for ice cream with them and the McLaws at Perkins. I ate the yummiest strawberry milkshake! Scott ordered his usual fudge brownie with ice cream. He gets that everywhere! I'm not so hot on the brownie making. ;(
0 comments:
Post a Comment