Wednesday, June 20

Long Time No Blog

Sorry, I've been a slacker. Many apologies to those of you who constantly check this blog. I'm sure that is everyone I know because I am so awesome. Ha ha!

Last Saturday we drove to the park to play, then walked from there to the library. I signed Aurora for the summer reading program. The theme is "Get a Clue". It's all very Sherlock Holmes. She puts a thumbprint on her chart for every 15 minutes of reading. We went to get new books and discovered she was the first to finish 4 hours and so was the first to put her handprint on the wall. There was nobody in the library, which never happens, so they let the kids go all over. We even got to go in the back where they keep new books to get them ready and put old book to be repaired. It was amazing. I now wish I worked in a library. Of course all the kids could focus on was the giant stuffed bear sitting on a shelf.

After that we walked to the fire station to eat with Scott as usual. It was about here that I decided it was to hot to be walking around in jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt. I'm always cold! One of the guys discovered a nest of little flies had hatched on the garage doors. Rory wanted to hold one so they spent their time trying to catch them so she could. Of course it was Scott who was first to complete this extremely important task.

Yesterday I got my first box from Melaleuca. I worked for them in college and I remember I loved their products then, but I forgot how much! We used a whole bottle of Sol-U-Mel in one day. Tyton helped Scott vacuum and then shampoo the carpet (pics below). Seriously, I missed their stuff. I also got some of their laundry stuff, kids shampoo, wrinkle relaxer and gatorade type stuff called Sustain. I used the Sustain at the gym lastnight. Mmmm, yummy. Very refreshing around mile 2, when I remembered I had it. It was gone before mile 3! Then it was back to normal water.

Even better news than all this... Aurora has started using the potty!! Well... sort of. I need to remind her most of the time, but everynow and then she insists on staying on the potty and says she needs to poop. Or she will run in and say she needs a diaper, which means she needs to pee pee. When she tells us she needs to go she gets whipped cream or chocolate chips. When she goes all the time we have told her she will get to go see Aunt Marina who has swings and a trampoline. This works everytime. Wish us luck!

0 comments: