Thursday, October 23

What is Prop 8 to you?

Okay. My hubby has family in California so I've been getting a lot of info on Prop 8 through my email. So I decided to research the issue and see for my self what it's all about and why should I even care? I would strongly encourage all to go to www.whatisprop8.com . This is by far the most informative website I've found. It really shows a lot of current events and lawsuits to substantiate claims that our legal rights will be taken away if prop 8 doesn't pass. There are links about current lawsuits that people have lost in several areas that accept gay marriage. It is VERY DISTURBING! I think the part that horrified me most what that if it happened in my area I would no longer have a say in how they teach my children "family" at school. In my mind that is just wrong. I am much more motivated to help Vote Yes on Prop 8 to preserve my moral freedoms. To see more click on legal battles on the www.whatisprop8.com website. PLEASE help to protect our religious rights and vote YES on Prop 8!

Another good article from a Professor of Law at Harvard University Mary Ann Glendon which shows that both equality and religious freedom are at stake in this serious issue. This is not a religious post...Strictly factual from a Harvard Law Professor . http://catholiceducation.org/articles/marriage/mf0051.html

This post is not meant to offend of cause a fight with any of my friends. I value you ALL and would love to know everyone opinion!

0 comments: