Thursday, October 30

Praire Dogs and Pumpkins

We are such a silly family. Tuesday we all went out to check the Prairie Dog Traps. It was a nice sunny day and the Prairie Dogs were everywhere! One even jumped up behind the kids and I, whilst filling a hole, and began barking at us. It was hilariously cute. Then the kids began playing Dora and Boots. We followed a cow trail up a hill and Aurora says, "Oh Boot's look! A treasure!" Yes we found many bleached white cow vertebra. I'm not sure Dora would hunt fury creatures and then call dead cow bones treasure, but it was a great learning experience for the kids. They like putting the bones back together like a puzzle.
Then it was off to Wal Mart for a more... normal family activity. Picking out pumpkins! Scott and I carved whil the kids painted round rocks to look like pumpkins. It was really fun. I think we'll start a new tradition. Aurora was very confused as to why I would get a pumpkin that is all messed up. I told her it helped to inspire creativity! Then while she was painting she would look over and ask, "Mommy, is this being creative?" It was cute. Tyton sat faithfully on Scott's lap and "helped". Of course the helping slowly turned into just Tyton coloring on Scott's pumpkin.







Scott would also like me to mention that he shot a turkey today. It was a small hen, but if we don't have visitors for Thanksgiving it will be plenty! (Of course... we are still going to try for more.)

0 comments: