Saturday, December 4

Getting the Tree!

This is the second year we have recieved a tree through the Trees for Troops program.  I must say that it is a TOTAL blessing.  I know that we were especially thankful for it last year when we were going through our Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover.  This year, just makes me think of last year.  I'm so greatful for all the blessings we recieve due to being in the Air Force.   I don't think the people who donate trees have any idea how wonderful we feel when we pick out our tree for the holidays!
 This is the tree the kids picked.  Scott and I were going for a tall long needled tree.  The kids were sure that we needed this height challenged, short needled, rotund tree!  We tried to get them to switch.  I was sure it was bigger around than it was tall!  But, no, they said that this one was perfect.  
 Scott and I aren't picky.  We were grateful for the free tree and the kids were certain it was meant for our home.  Here they are lashing it to the carrier.
 It was freezing and windy out that day, so I didn't even get Grifin out of the car.  Last year I took the cutest picture of him with a branch of tree while we were tying the new tree to the back of the car.  He was smiling and excited.  This year he is smarter an dis wondering why his mother would give him an abnormally pokey twig.  He frowned and threw it at me.  I laughed.  He is so weird!
 Back at home, Grifin had just gotten out of the tub.  He wanted to get to the other side of the tree to help daddy.  The tree kept poking his naked tummy!  Rgg...
 You would think THIS is a picture of Grifin saying, "Don't worry Daddy.  I got your back!"  But no.  He is actually saying, "Daddy!  Move!  I have to go this way cause the stupid pokey tree is blocking the way!"
So... we took the netting off...  WOW!  Seriously a pretty tree.  It's not fat... It's THICK!  lol  We love it. There is something amazing about having a real christmas tree.  I love it!
Tyton found a baby pine-cone.  This is seriously the coolest tree we have ever had.

0 comments: