Thursday, December 30

American Girl Bonanza!

For Christmas Grandma Rhodes wanted to take Aurora to The American Girl Doll store in Dallas.  Talk about a little girl heaven!  Seriously... that place was amazing!  We knew before hand that there would be a ton of things to look at, so we let her look at all the dolls on the site before we went.  Me and Mom were both thinking she should get a Just Like Me doll, where you pick a doll with your hair, eye, and skin color. But.... then my mom showed her the historical dolls and she saw Rebecca!  She kept going back to Rebecca.  Even in the store we took her to the Just Like Me side and she said, "Those are neat.  Where are the Rebecca dolls?  I wanna see her!"  Try as we might we couldn't get her to select a different doll that had hair that would be easier to take care of.  She was sure she needed Rebecca.  So... Rebecca it was!

We had a long talk about how she is a VERY special doll and you can't sleep with her and you have to be really careful and take care of her because she is so expensive.  I knew Aurora would do great.  She was so excited!
 Before we left we had to pick up Aunt Adrianne and new baby cousin, Taeli!
 She was in awe when the lady opened the box, fluffed Rebecca's hair and handed the doll to her.
 She was WAY excited!  So cute!
 Thank you Grandma Rhodes!
 Grandma also got her Rebecca's school dress (the blue cardigan) and the whole school set!  This is Aurora in front of PART of the Rebecca collection.
 We should have taken a pic before we went in, but... we didn't... thus the crazy blur.

After the store we went to eat, all us AND Rebecca.  Rebecca even needed her own chair!  Aurora was so excited I had to pull out an outfit for her to "take care of Rebecca with" while we were in the car.  She played most the way home and then fell asleep with Rebecca in her arms!  So sweet.

I'm so excited for Aurora to start her American Girl Doll journey.  I had so much fun with mine and STILL have them!  I'm so thankful to my mom.  This is something that I never would have bought her soon because it's so much.  Aurora is so happy!

0 comments: