Grifin didn't mind the waiting room! Tons of fun with just mommy in his opinion! We had fun playing... until he would fall and hurt his arm a little. He is so careful with it. Normally he is not a hand holding fan when he wants to go somewhere, but with his brace he reaches for my hand every time.
When they took him back to the room he got even more excited! He loved the swivel chair in the ER, so it was the first thing he went for!
After a nurse and then the doc came it to check out his arm he started getting interested. He was his usual studious self, checking out everything and everybody with his very serious stare. Then the nurse came back in to remove his brace and we waited to get more x rays. I could tell he was starting to get done with people messing with his arm. Not only that, but now his arm felt funny! He kept rubbing it and holding. I could just picture him saying, "My Arm!" But he couldn't talk. I knew he was thinkin it though!
X-rays were not quite as patient as in the ER when he was dead tired. Then he defiantly wanted people to quite touching his arm! The nurse was still amazed that he didn't cry or need an extra helper to hold him down! lol Back in the room the doc said the X-rays were better than before. His ulna was alright, but the radius was still broken pretty badly. They wanted to give him a full cast so that it would stay on his tiny arm! But it will only be there for 3 weeks instead of 6! The nurse gave him a bag of the blue bandaging for his cast. He thought that was pretty cool. I'm sure he was thinking, "Cool a prize! Now can we leave before they touch my arm again?"
Little did he know... They would not give him one but TWO casts! He sat so still and just watched while she put the sock, padding and first layer of casting on. They she held his hand so it could dry a little before putting it on. He decided he was done. He pulled and wiggled and squirmed. He didn't truly resist until the brought in another nurse to help us hold him. He had wiggled so much that the casting had slipped down around his fingers. They let it dry and then... used the saw to cut it off. This is a picture of him after the first cast. See... not happy. Poor guy. I didn't take any pictures after the second one. He wasn't in the mood and he was poop! I guess the saw scared the crap out of him!
Today he is MUCH better. Largely due to people leaving his arm alone! He seems to get very frustrated sometimes. His cast arm is stuck bent. He is still pretty tumbly when it comes to walking so... He has taken a few nose dives, but he is getting used to it. He is also sucking up the love and attention! He seems to be re-figuring out how to use a sippy cup. We will stay away from real cups till the arm is better! I would hate for it to get wet and have to get the cast up on a third time!
See! He CAN smile! I still feel awful. No... I couldn't have stopped it, but... At least he is more snugly!
0 comments:
Post a Comment